Parent Director Elections
All Saints Academy Multi Academy Trust are holding Parent Director Elections for positions on the school Board of Directors. The Board has an overall responsibility for the running of the schools. The role of director is to contribute to the work of the Board of Directors in ensuring high standards of achievement for all children and young people in the schools.
The role of director can be demanding but very rewarding. Parent directors serve a four-year term of office and under usual circumstances, can expect to spend between 10 and 20 days a year on governing duties. These include:
• attending meetings of the Board of Directors, usually outside of school hours and contributing to Directors business;
• reading reports and papers and keeping up to date on the progress that the schools are making; and
• visiting the schools from time to time during the school day.
You will be expected to sign a governors' Code of Conduct, and to have:
• an unwavering commitment to the Multi Academy Trust's vision and ethos;
• a strong commitment to the role and improving outcomes for children;
• the inquisitiveness to question and analyse;
• the willingness to learn;
• good inter-personal skills;
• appropriate levels of literacy in English; and
• sufficient numeracy skills to understand basic data.
In addition to the above, we would particularly welcome nominations from staff with the following experience, skills and attributes:
• understanding and/or experience of governance;
• understanding and experience of strategic planning;
• ability to analyse and review complex issues objectively;
• ability to make difficult decisions in the best interest of pupils;
• communication skills. Including being able to discuss sensitive issues tactfully;
• financial oversight;
• sound knowledge of the school and community.
Training is available for all directors and we have an expectation that those new to school governance attend free induction training.
If you are interested in becoming a director please download the Election Pack below. The pack contains a nomination form together with the skills audit, which both need to be returned to either school office no later than Friday 30th June 2017 at 4pm.